THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

update on first day of test

So I went for my CT scan this morning after putting Finn on the bus for his first day of school......
Finn loved the school bus, by the way.  The CT scan was pretty uneventful.  Had to drink some stuff with dye (but they mixed it with sprite so it was like a treat), then sat for about an hour to wait for the juice to work it's way down, and the scan took all of 5 minutes and they injected some dye into my IV and that was about it.  Painless, the way I like it.

Then I went over to the doctor towers and met with Dr. Brabbee (colon/rectal surgeon).  He was super great, and really nice.  He squeezed me into his, what I'm sure was very busy, schedule.  He pulled up my CT scan and ran through it and didn't see anything alarming, so that's a nice encouragement.  However, he stated that he's not a radiologist and it hadn't been reviewed by them yet, so he couldn't say anything for sure.  Either way, it was nice to NOT get devastating news.

He called the oncologist while I was there and they want to do a group of tests to be able to rule anything worse out.  My OB/GYN Dr. Super (yes, that's his awesome name, and he is SUPER) told me they'd want to do this to make certain that the cancer is/was contained just to my ovary.  So we are waiting to hear from the surgical scheduling women about when but I will be having an upper and lower endoscopy, PET scan, and a lower bowel series.  Once I know when those will be I'll update so you can be praying for me and for the results to come back perfectly clear.  Stay tuned....

and here's a picture of our cute girl.

2 comments:

jamie.hickenbottom said...

I had Dr Brabbe for a procedure once. I wanted to kick him in the face while he was working on me...no pain meds bc I was pregnant, but after he fixed me I really liked him! :)

Joe and Kelli said...

Katie, I've been thinking about you all day. Glad to hear things went pretty well today. Still praying for all clean scans and lots of restful nights between now and then. Adorable pics of the kids!! You must be one proud mama!! Loving you!
Kelli Wilmot