THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Quick update

So quickly before the end of the day... Had my PET scan this AM and I am still so impressed with Mercy Hospital and their wonderful staff. Everyone today was so nice. (maybe it was bc it was the cancer center and they have a sensitivity chip-ie. compassion others are missing, but so far in all this, most of the hospital and drs staff have been really nice)

I got to the cancer center early and they drew a little more blood to check my blood sugar and then injected me with some radioactive sugar that would travel through my system and highlight any cancer cells on the full body scan. It was only a little stick and then I got to sit and read for 45 minutes while it ran through my system. I was a little bummed to find out I didn't get any spiderman-like side effects, I mean he was bitten by a radioactive spider right? Well radioactive shots don't work the same way-I feel let down by modern medicine, although I feel like my kids would be weirded out if I shot spiderwebs at them to keep them sitting at the table during mealtimes.

I digress. So I still don't have my test results from the small bowel series Wednesday, but I'm supposed to hear something on that test, and the scan from today, before the weekend. I will post once we know something. Also, I have my capsule endoscopy (where I swallow a camera) Tuesday. Another day of liquid diet, but I'll be glad to get it done and have the results. I'm relieved they are getting me in so quickly for all these tests, but it's still agonizing waiting for the results. Thanks for keeping the prayers going-it's keeping my spirits up.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Erin said...

I came across your blog from Jenn Keillor's and love reading about your family. My mom is over the PET scan stuff at the Cancer Center at Mercy and was very pleased to hear that you had been treated well. I hope your test results come back good - I'm praying for you!