THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Two down, three to go

So, I'm happy to report we have good news. This morning we got encouraging news. After what was a seriously hellish afternoon and night of "prepping my bowels" yesterday, it was a pretty easy morning. My father-in-law drove me to Mercy bright and early and once I'd been checked in they started my IV (which was the most painful thing of the day-I have the blown vein to prove it), but they gave me a nice warm blanket and wheeled me in to meet the anesthesiologist and the Drs performing my colonoscopy and upper endoscopy. They were all so nice and I liked them even better once I woke from my nice deep sedation feeling super loopy and telling everyone I was praying for them-yes leave it to me to witness while doped up:) Both of my Drs came by to tell me they didn't find anything alarming and that I looked clean. NO huge tumors or scary spots, but my appendix did look suspicious and there was a "thickening"-so pretty much it sounds like I'm going to have my appendix out barring any major results from the next round of tests. My upper GI Dr did add on another test (a capsule endoscopy-where I swallow a pill and they teach it through my small intestine, he said its painless).

Afterward I came home feeling pretty good and ate something and laid down for a few hours. I feel pretty good, still a little loopy-which may show in the writing. I just want to thank you all for the prayers,emails, food, and flowers! I think Patrick and I are taking a deep breath-good news is nice. Keep the prayers coming, I'm headed in early in the AM for the original small bowel series tests.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Amy R. said...

Katie - I love the part about you witnessing while under the influence. We're across the street praying for more good news. Love you, friend. :)