THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back in the saddle

Literally.


After some encouragement from Patrick I decided to get back to one of my favorite things in the world. Horseback riding.


I decided to return to Baskin Farms-the stable I first started riding at when I was 9 years old. It was amazing to see how much had changed but also how much was still the same. The memories of my childhood and teenage years came flooding back-suddenly I was 16 and care free again. It was great. However, I had a 10 mile run the day after (training for the 1/2 marathon) and realized that my body is that of a 28 year old mother of 2 and not a sprite 17 year old with the recovery time half as long. So, needless to say I'm a bit saddlesore, but loving it all the same.


This was the school horse I rode. His name was Rylee- he was a gentle giant:)


-


Oh and my favorite part besides the smell of the barn (which I really do love) is how dirty your fingernails get in less than 5 min. That's when you know you're gonna have fun!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments: