THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Girls with Cankles need love too

Just a quick warning, this post is not for the feint of "stomach"....it includes some very graphic pictures, if you have small children that are scared of chunky looking ankles or feet or even puffy looking stuffed animals, you may want to remove them from the room before you go an further today. Let me explain, I'm pregnant. That should suffice, but really it doesn't. About a week ago I started having the full effects of pregnancy on my feet and lower calves. My feet have swollen to rediculous sizes, the only shoes my feet fit in are my crocks (which if you read my post from yesterday about the snow) is not very convienent this time of year. In the scary, yet very realistic picture below you can see that my toes actually touch eachother. If you knew what my feet looked like before....the toes resembling more of a finger-like skinniness, this is somewhat scary. Oh, but I guess I should mention to those who don't have children, or haven't been pregnant, this is just a normal side effect to being pregnant. Ooops, did I say side effect, I meant normal condidtion occuring during pregnancy. I acutally think I'm lucky that they just started to do this last week. To all of those non-pregnant women out there, I envy your flip flop fancy feet right now.
Yet again....WARNING......do not scroll down if you think you might get queezy.

Patrick has this fun little party trick of squeezing my feet and then laughing at the indentation that stays in my foot (for at least a minute or two). It's actually pretty weird. But, before I end the post I have to compliment Patrick on being such a loving husband, because lately he's been taking at least an hour each night, while we watch the boob tube, to rub my feet and help my little swollen sausage toes return to their normal size (even if only for a few minutes). I just have to brag about him once in a while.

Ps. Please excuse the pasty white-ness. I'm Irish and it's winter....enough said.

2 comments:

Crystal Mueller said...

Oh my gosh! Please have that baby soon!

Lolly said...

Saturday evening, March 22nd
These are WONDERFUL pictures! I didn't have any trouble getting on the blogsite and seeing them.
Keep posting!
Gramma Lolly