THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Big 3 and first day of school

So, I want to make sure I document this wonderful day. Finn is 3 years old today. I can hardly believe that much time has gone by so quickly. It seems like only a week ago he was born, and then yesterday that he started walking.....how has this day crept up on me?


Well, to mark his monumental 3rd birthday we also get to celebrate his FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. I'm writing this while he's at school this morning, and I admit that I'm anxious to hear how he did and to hopefully see his smiling face when I go pick him up (and not his crying face). One of his teachers Miss Katie (not me pretending to be a teacher, but his actual teacher) put up a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY sign for him when she heard it was his birthday....how awesome.


He's gotten so smart and sharp these past couple of months. He's saying a few phrases like "what's that" and "where'd it go", it's great.....and his eye contact is so much more on target, he loves to say "hi" when he's snuggling which I think is code for "I love you" but it's quicker to say......but after he says it he always leans in for a kiss on the side of his head. He knows all his letters and can make them out of things (like building blocks and bendaroos), he knows most colors and can count numbers up to 20 and back down to zero. I think his favorite colors are blue and green, and his favorite number to say is "eight", and he really likes the letters H, V, Z, T and is learning to like F.

So if I get a chance after the kids go down for their naps I'll post again, but if not, I'll post about his second day tomorrow. Thanks for all your loving prayers for our BIG boy starting school and hitting his milestones:)
by the way his backpack is a dog, by skip hop. I think it's super cute, it has a matching lunch box, that we filled with sugar-free jello for him to have at snack time today:)


And here's a shot of our MISS CUTIE PATOOTIE.....she's happy she gets all the toys in the house to herself. I have a feeling she shot straight for Finn's beloved cars as soon as we walked out the door this morning.

1 comments:

Lolly said...

What a wonderful post! So good to get the mommy perspective on the day. Finn doesn't look thrilled with his sandwich board, but Ainsley looks delighted to be the Only Child!