THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Run Murphy, Run

Well, I did it.



Ran all 13.1 miles. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't proud, but I have to praise God for keeping me healthy and encouraged along the way. I definitely called on Him many times during the run.

I have a new found respect for serious runners, and a twinge of jealousy for how easy they make it look. I'm sure I wasn't the worst out there but I did my fair share of flailing.

My cut foot only hurt me once and it wasn't until mile 10 and it only lasted 1/2 mile. So thanks for those extra prayers.

A special thanks to my friends: Andy, Nita, and Jane for being my cheerleaders all along the trail. And for getting up at the crack of dawn for no sane reason (kids being the only sane excuse for that) and for braving the cold to keep me motivated. I loved having you guys here this weekend and you were such encouragement to me. Thanks!

And also very special thanks to my wonderful husband Patrick, who not only helped me train, but was Superdad bringing the kids down to watch me finish. You were so great and selfless this entire weekend and were such a great encourager to me. I love you, and am so glad I have you by my side to share all of this with.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

missy said...

So PROUD of you!!!!!!

Lolly said...

I think you are FANTASTIC!!