THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Little steps

Finn is taking small steps forward. Literally. We had him at the mall this past weekend. Like every weekend this summer bc of the stinking heat. Well, Patrick took finn to the kids book section like usual and finn stepped up on the reading platform all by himself! I was so excited when Patrick told me that I actually almost cried -it's a step forward for all of his therapy work. Yay.


He also climbed into his car all by himself this weekend too. Awesome! He started OT today and we are hoping for some more small improvements as time goes on.


I took him to Frontenac to practice walking and work on endurance and he seemed very happy to push Ainsley around. He did well, and made it almost two times around until he had a small seizure- but he caught himself and was okay afterwards.


Ainsley playing that afternoon. Such a good girl. Thus may be the only picture of her not smiling. But it's because she was saying mama when I took it.


Finn lining up pegs in a line instead of the normal cluster. I'm so proud.


We go to see the neurologist today for Finn's 6mo check up so please pray for a good report and I will post later with the results.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Cary said...

You are such a great mom, Katie. Finn teaches you every day that you should rejoice in the small things...I think that's a great lesson that we could all learn from!

Lolly said...

We enjoyed the photos so much! And you know your mom and I rejoice at each small step, too.
Are anxious to hear the results of the neurologist meeting. We'll probably be on the road but will check e-mail at Linda's.
Love you,
Lolly

Greta said...

You ARE AN AMAZING mother! I think you are actually my hero. Finn and Ainsley have been blessed with wonderful, caring, loving parents. So happy to be your friend!