THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Paint, poo and daddy vacation

Well all of my mommy friends inspired me to get my act together and let Finn try some art projects. (they have all posted these great art workshops with their kids and I felt I needed to try it out-it looked like they were having so much fun).

Our experience however was a bit different-but maybe only in my head....Finn only made it about 5 minutes before he had a complete meltdown about wanting to play with the spoon I was mixing the paint with. He has a slight obsession about spoons an it was obvious when he threw his hands around in the paint and screamed at the top of his lungs.

I also learned through this experiment that I am somewhat of a control freak and a neat freak. I was trying really hard not to get frustrated that Finn didn't want to use the home made brushes (triangle sponge pieces I cut out for this project-bc my friend Kim an OT suggested it). And as soon as Finn's hands touched the paint they went into his lap or behind his back. I was cringing the whole time while repeating in my head "its washable paint, washable paint". So half the paint made it to my desired destination-the paper, the other half on him and his clothes. But still kinda fun overall.

The infamous spoon.





-





The plate the paint started on-pretty.





The masterpiece.





Ainsley just hung out on the couch like the little angel she is.





And Finn repaid my efforts by pooping his pants so bad we had to take an early bath.

Then he proceded to steal his sister's passy that says "daddy's little girl". We will tease him about this when he's older.





And again Ainsley hammed it up for the camera-I think she has a career in modeling. I just love kissing her chubby cheeks-she's just like Finn in the kissable department. And yes she does love her daddy-who we took this picture for since he's in Chicago for a dental conference.





Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments: